- Responsible for impeccable cleanliness and order in kitchen areas, in all storages, fridges and freezers, garbage room according to operational standards, HACCP guidelines and
- Responsible for proper handling of the dishwasching mashines and other entrusted machines and safe and efficient usage of chemicals and detergents in the galley department.
- Washing of dishes, pottery, porcelain and utensils according to the operational standards.
- Washing and basic preparation of fruit and vegatable (peeling, chopping).
- Active assistance in the kitchen and in storage keeping.
- Assistance in the monthly inventory in the food and non-food sector of galley department.
- Jointly responsible for carying out of,,General Cleaning”.
- Jointly responsible for seperation and proper disposal of rubbish.
- The post holder is required to perform in addition to the above tasks, on the instructions of superiors specific contracts which include the nature of its activities to or arising out of operational requirements such as galley loading.
- Ability to work well in multinational team, displays of empathy especially during stressful situations, ability to remain in control during stressful situations, ability to hear and follow direct orders, openness to feedback and willingness to offer constructive feedback in return.
- Great attention to detail, precision in executing delegated tasks, flexibility and creativity during problem solving, internal motivation to succeed in chosen field and ability to communicate external motivation factors well, willingness to learn and improve in terms of chosen field and personal growth, total commitment to achieving customer satisfaction.
- Having ideally completed hotel academy or a recognised apprenticeship programme or have gained substantial full-time restaurant experience, preferably in four or five star establishments, catering to an international clientele. Experience aboard a cruise ship is a big advantage.
Upper intermediate English is a prerequisite, at least basic German is an advantage.
Salary and benefits
Starting monthly rate is 900 euro net, plus monthly tips to be expected between 200-300 euro depending on self-motivation and the satisfaction of customers. Salary grows with language abilities, and performance. Crew meals, boarding, uniform (except for shoes) and health insurance is covered by the company. If employed for full season (7 months) the right to take paid vacation in length up to 7 days paid and more unpaid. Probation period is 1 month. Working times are up to 10 hour per day with the duties delivered in various times. Travel costs are covered by a single payment of 200 euro regardless of whether this money was actually spent or not. For qualified crew members coming from greater distance higher cost compensation may be considered.
Kindly submit your CV and a photograph via email in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We eagerly anticipate your response.